Since Thanksgiving is only days away, I thought it would be fun to share what I am thankful for this year.
First, a quote:
“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Many of my friends know that I like to share positive quotes every day. I think about how each quote can help some of my friends who may be going through a tough time. It also reminds me to be grateful for what I have. It took me a long time to realize that I had a lot of things to be grateful for.
Recently, I participated in a self-improvement online course. One of the great ideas I learned was to write down 5 things I was grateful for every day. It could be about being grateful for anything, big or small. By doing this everyday, my mindset changed from one of lack (not having what you want) to one of abundance (realizing you have what you need). This was monumental for me, and I continue to do this every night. It always changes my mood and puts a smile on my face.
When I think, “I have everything I need and have a positive expectation for what's to come”, I don't feel like I'm missing out. I am realizing that true happiness comes from inside me, not from outside or from others' approval.
5 Things I Am Grateful For:
1. I am grateful for all my friends and family (and dogs), and that everyone is in good health. (We save senior dogs, and every year for the past 3 or 4 years, we had to put one to sleep.)
2. I am grateful for the internet, which allows me to be able to impact so many others in a positive way, and be positively influenced by others as well.
3. I am grateful I have performed with really good bands in large theatres, concert venues, festivals and local restaurants.
4. I am grateful each time I “reach” a student who was having difficulty understanding a concept or technique. These students teach me how to be a better teacher!
5. I am grateful for all the mentors I have had and still have.
What (or who) are you grateful for? Can you start the habit of writing down 5 things you are grateful for each day? Write them in the comments section below.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
P.S. If you liked this article, sign up on my website at http://DonnaSchwartzMusic.com , and get my bonus article and video on Three Steps to Learning Your Favorite Song….