Are you rehearsing or practicing?
There's a huge difference between the two, and that's what separates the pros from the amateurs.
Watch the video below to discover that difference and for tips to make your next rehearsal a success.
Three tips for a successful rehearsal
3 Tips for a Successful Rehearsal
- Get the recordings beforehnad
- Get the correct key of the songs before rehearsal
- Do your homework BEFORE the rehearsal. Chart your part and know the forms.
This first tip is for band members, but especially for the band leaders.
It's all about the beginnings and endings – plan these out before rehearsal and make sure these are tight before rehearsal ends.
You don't want confusion about these – the audience will know it.
This last tip will help you figure out the chords for cover songs you are rehearsing.
You can use sites that many rhythm section players use, like these:
- www.e-chords.com You can transpose the chords to match the key your band is performing in.
- https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com Has been around for a long time – has lyrics, chords, strumming patterns and can transpose too.
Want to supercharge your saxophone tone?
Tell me a little about yourself and you will get a Free Video Lesson with your next best step to sounding more like a pro.
Click here to get your Free Video Lesson.