Sometimes, we are so eager to play the saxophone, we forget that it requires basic saxophone maintenance in order to keep the pads clean, and the keys working fluidly.
Learning to play an instrument requires also learning to maintain it in the best shape possible so that nothing can get in the way of acquiring a great tone and technique.
In the following video, you will learn some basic saxophone maintenance, such as:
- how to use a swab to clean out your instrument and neck
- how to clean your mouthpiece
- how to store your reeds
- how to store your mouthpiece and neck
- what to do if you have calcium deposits in the mouthpiece
- why you shouldn’t eat before you play
Some of the products recommended:
Basic Saxophone Maintenance
Want a full sound throughout the range of the saxophone?
Sign up below for my weekly newsletter for practical tips and solutions to improve your musical performance, and get a Free Video: 3 Tips to Fatten Up Your Saxophone Tone.