Congratulations! You are taking the first steps into increasing your saxophone vocabulary and learning some classic solos.
You will get a weekly email on Monday mornings with all the videos and pdf's for the Solo of the Week.
There will also be weekly webinars where I will teach some of the same material and answer questions. (Time and day TBD)
Before you start the course, please watch the following short video to give you an idea of what to expect:
Here's the link to the Welcome video. Please use the password: welcome
- If you're finding it hard to find time to practice, watch the following video to help maximize your time so you can practice less and get more done. Here's the link, and the password is practice
- Don't forget to download the Ultimate Practice Planner from the link below! (Remember, you need to download it before you can edit it.)
- To use the Ultimate Practice Planner for this course, go to the Intermediate Tab.
- Following the Rule of 10's for Tone, Technique and Music; spend 10 minutes on Tone, 10 minutes on practicing some of the scales and other licks from the Solos we learn, and 10 minutes following the 3 steps to learning each phrase of the Solo.
- You're going to find that once you get started, you will want to spend more time learning the Solo!
Finally, in a day or two, you will be sent an email with an invitation to join the Secret Facebook Group specifically for this course. Please click on the link.
Your first assignment:
- Introduce yourself to the Group (where you're from, what time zone you are in – really important for the webinars, how long you've been playing saxophones, your equipment brands, types of music you play and listen to) and tell us one thing you hope to get from the course.
Remember, this group is a safe place to ask questions and post videos of how we are doing.
Anyone posting negative, nasty or demeaning comments will be blocked from the group and will NOT get the course fees refunded!
I want this to be an awesome positive experience for everyone, and am looking forward to working with you!
See you in Module 1.
'; } ?> '; } ?>