If you like playing the Blues and you like Cannonball (and Nat) Adderley, then you also probably like the song, Work Song.
This is a great Work Song Lick that's awesome for all melodic instrumentalists playing Blues & Jazz.
And this lick by Cannonball Adderley from the 1963 Live in Tokyo album covers a spot in the form that is unique.
This song is not a 12-bar Blues – it's a 16-bar Blues, and the last 4 bars do not have the typical chords you would see in the form.
Discover what's going on in the form for Work Song, and learn the lick Cannonball plays at the end of his first chorus in this video.
Work Song Lick Video Lesson
- Link to the original recording on YouTube
- My Gear: (some are affiliate links where I get a very small commission):
- PEAK Music Stands – Saxophone and mic stands. Get a 10% discount when you use my DSMUSIC code during checkout
- Trevor James Saxophones Signature Custom Raw
- JodyJazz DV7 Alto saxophone mouthpiece
- 10mFan Tenor Sax mouthpieces – Chameleon 7*
- Want no more neck or back pain? You've got to get the Vandoren FNH 100 Harness!
- LegereReeds – Signature Reeds & American Cut
Want Extra Bonus Content?
Become a Patron & support my YouTube videos so you can get extra Bonus content, like extra tips, pdf's of the licks I teach, backing tracks, plus extra videos on practicing and more.
You'll get the pdf and backing track for this song in 2 tempos, so you can learn the lick at a slower tempo.
Just go to www.patreon.com/donnaschwartzmusic